Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 03:16:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Strategy Guides
| |-+  Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
| | |-+  Question about bows.
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about bows.  (Read 3139 times)
Fuyutsuki
« on: July 02, 2006, 08:14:54 PM »

So to get ready for Disgaea 2, I started playing again, gathering residents and such, getting more uber cool.  Got kinda bored with that, so I decided to make an archer, because I never have before.  This is kinda a weird complicated question, and I couldn't really find some solid information anywhere else so bear with me.

Like with guns, the more HIT you have, the more damage your attacks are going to do.  Unlike with all the other wepaons, bows aren't limited to just the one stat.  Both ATK and HIT affect the amount of damage you cause.  So anyway, basic knowledge, right?  My question is exactly how much of each stat affect your damage.  I had always thought it was 50% for each.  But I got to looking at the Galaxy and it has more ATK than it does HIT implying ATK affects damage slightly more than HIT.  So maybe it's a 60:40 ratio? 

For example if you have a sword with 1 million ATK that consistantly does 1 million damage that would be 100%, right?  So if the bow is possibly 50%, that'd mean if you had a bow with 0 HIT, and 1 million ATK then you'd only be doing 500,000 damage, right?  That would mean you would need a bow with a 1 million stat in both ATK and HIT to do 1 million damage. 

I know it's a hella nooby question, and I probably didn't make any sense, so I apologize in advance.  If anyone could help me out that would be great though.  Thanks.
Miles
God of YaBB

:3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:42:40 AM »

Its not a nooby Question, Fuyu. Its a good question actually. And your right. I sat and figured it out a while back, and im pretty sure what you said is correct.

I eat deep fried babies. Check it, if you like RO. Faithro.com (highrate)
Fuyutsuki
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »

Which part?
Noccy
Old Fogey In The Retirement Home
Missionary

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:23:27 PM »

He has no idea.

and at that moment i realized...noccy had the most gorgeous voice i had ever heard...he must have been a planet in his former life...he was a storm that no one could ride...
Huuko-chan
Missionary

Onionbat not suitable for children under 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »

I think the damage depends on the two stats added together.

Official member of the DJB Anti-"Anti *kobold* Squad" Squad.
gorgoroth666
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 06:33:18 AM »

yes, it's a 50:50 ratio
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 02:12:50 AM »

I do know that in Disgaea 3 the bow's full attack value is constricted to a formula of HIT and ATK.  I read it on the DJB guide.  Let me check it out......OH WAIT I CAN'T BECAUSE ALL THE PAGES FELL OUT.  THANKS PUBBA!!!

In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.
-Croesus
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length