Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2022, 10:51:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Strategy Guides
| |-+  Operation Darkness
| | |-+  Fan Interview - Operation Darkness!
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fan Interview - Operation Darkness!  (Read 12745 times)
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »

One of the things we like to do in our strategy guides is to let fans interview the people behind the game and print the questions and answers inside the guide. This time is no exception. We've checked with Atlus and Operation Darkness's project lead, Sammy Matsushima, will be available to answer whatever questions you may have burning in your mind about this awesome title. Some other members of the production team may be, as well.

Some guidelines and things to remember:

• You won't get paid.
  • You will get credit. We can credit your alias or your real name if you tell it to us.
  • Questions about what to expect in the game should be avoided. Anything that's going to get answered will be printed in the guide, which will ship around the same time as the game. Therefore questions about what will be in the game probably won't be used since the game will be out by the time the interview has run and everyone will have their answers by seeing it first hand in the game themselves. There may be exceptions to this if it's a good question.

Post your questions in this thread.

The deadline to get your questions in for consideration is 5/13/08.

Shinogu
God of YaBB

I was getting tired of that picture too.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 12:05:52 AM »

Please answer honestly: How the heck did the premise for this game come to fruition? It must have been nigh impossible to pitch even the concept to your bosses!

Thank you for your continued support of everything that is wrong with game design today.

You're welcome. /bow
Gen Eric Gui
Old Fogey In The Retirement Home
God of YaBB

Got some generic male human up in hea'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:37:11 AM »

Given that this is a genre of game that is mostly popular in Japan, why was the game made for the Xbox 360, which is by far the least popular console in that country?

Gunning down Banana smugglers with tanks since 1991.
Noccy
Old Fogey In The Retirement Home
Missionary

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:38 AM »

Ooh a interview, it's been a while.

Given that Adolf Hitler himself rarely makes an appearance in games set during WWII, what made you decide to include him as a character in your game?

and at that moment i realized...noccy had the most gorgeous voice i had ever heard...he must have been a planet in his former life...he was a storm that no one could ride...
KulturTerror
MEGAMEN
God of YaBB

my god...its full uf stawrz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:37:35 AM »

Question:

1) Will the games story line have actual historical ties with hitlers obsession with the occult such as the Aryans and the Lost Land, the Spear of Longinus or is WWII and Nazis just a template for a zany fantasy game?

Sun shines, grass grows, birds fly, and brutha...KT hurts people.
Over
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

Can we expect from you more turn-based games like Operation of Darkness?
Riverking
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »

Are there any plans for a next gen entry in the Metal Max/ Saga franchise?  Also, what do you think is the hardest part of making a next gen game for smaller developers?
Lord Vincent
Newb

who says wookies arnt sexy?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »

I know its a little early to ask but are there any plans for a sequil made in ww1 times or any of the other wars?

djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »

Wow, we just got the interview questions back and the answers are *really* good and interesting. Very good reading! Much more candid answers than you usually see. Seems like no PR filter!

Here are the questions that got answered. We haven't laid out these pages yet, so if we end up having to cut any of these for space, I'll post the answers here later.

Shinogu: How the heck did the premise for this game come to fruition? It must have been nigh impossible to pitch even the concept to the bosses!

Answered by: Ken Ogura, Producer of Operation Darkness, SUCCESS Corporation

TOON SNAKE: Given that this game's genre is mostly popular in Japan, why was the game made for the Xbox 360, which is by far the least popular console in that country?

Answered by: Ken Ogura

Noccy: Given that Adolf Hitler himself rarely makes an appearance in games set during WWII, what made you decide to include him as a character in your game?

KulturTerror: Does the game feature Hitler's obsession with the occult, such as the Aryans and the Lost Land or the Spear of Longinus, or are the Nazis just a template for a zany fantasy game?

Riverking: What do you think is the hardest part of making a next-gen game, for smaller developers?

snowstorm52: What was the reason behind creating the story, characters, and world that this game takes place in?

snowstorm52: What are some of the things that didn't quite make the cut to be in the game, whether it be due to time or budget constraints? Was there anything you particularly are upset about that didn't get included?

lobitoh: Since the game is based on strategy, I figured it out that most weapons are from world wars. Are there any bonus weapons that are maybe futuristic?

Answered by Sammy Matsushima, Project Lead, Atlus U.S.A.

LastEpoch: When translating the game from Japanese to English, were there any sort of cultural sensitivities you had to observe, or vice versa, or were you more free to say things in English that would not be allowed in Japan?

Answered by: Jason Ruper, Editor, Atlus U.S.A.

LastEpoch: What kind of media (i.e. books, movies, other games, etc.) had the most influence on the story of Operation Darkness?

LastEpoch: What inspired the team to make a strategy game about werewolves in World War II?

Shinogu
God of YaBB

I was getting tired of that picture too.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »

Look forward to reading up. Nice to hear that the answers are interesting. I don't want corporate line in my interviews. >_>

Thank you for your continued support of everything that is wrong with game design today.

You're welcome. /bow
Lynxara
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 03:06:46 AM »

I thought the answers were pretty cool, as far as that goes.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length