Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 11:47:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Strategy Guides
| |-+  Mana Khemia
| | |-+  Double amount of cole in treasure chest?
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double amount of cole in treasure chest?  (Read 8696 times)
Skeeve
Newb

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »

I started to play this game, and found out that I got twice the amount of cole from treasure chests in the first fighting area (Living forest).

I double checked that a lot of times so it's not me who is confused. The game shows i.e. a message like "Obtained: 200 cole" but in the menu I can see that 400 coles has been added to my funds.

Is this just a bug or do I have a special skill that doubles the amount of received coles?

Thanks for all infos about that.

Kind regards,
Skeeve
Biohazard Kitty
Special Tactics and Resizing Service
God of YaBB

Master of Resizing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »

A couple of things.

First: Did you record the amount of cole you had before opening the chest, and then just afterward? If you fought a monster, naturally you might have more cole.

Second: Is this your first time through the game, or are you playing on a New Game +?

Third: Did you have a Rumor on at the time? Which one?

You should start from the first image, okay? And... Mitsuru, here's an image editor. It might be handy if you, the master of resizing, take it with you.
Skeeve
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

First: Did you record the amount of cole you had before opening the chest, and then just afterward? If you fought a monster, naturally you might have more cole.

Yes, I double checked it several times. i.e. I have 470 cole before opening the chest. Then a message appears: "Obtained 100 cole". After that, I checked again and see I have 670 cole. It's reproducable by 100%. So it has nothing to do with fights. From fights I always obtain the displayed amount of cole.

Second: Is this your first time through the game, or are you playing on a New Game +?

It's my first game cycle. Only played around 2 hours so far.

Third: Did you have a Rumor on at the time? Which one?

Not sure, where can I check? Do I have rumours already so early in the game?

Am I really the only one with this problem? Btw: I have the premium version, but not sure if that's really a remastered game version.

Kind regards,
Skeeve
Biohazard Kitty
God of YaBB

Master of Resizing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »

Hmm. Well, it could be any number of things, but it seems like a happy accident. I tried it out on my retail copy, and I'm also getting double cole from chests. Can't say I know what's causing it, but I'd chalk it up to a curiosity and then forget about it; you get so little of your cole from chests that it hardly impacts the overall game.

You should start from the first image, okay? And... Mitsuru, here's an image editor. It might be handy if you, the master of resizing, take it with you.
Skeeve
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »

Thanks a lot for checking that too BK,

my guess, it's just a simple bug. So, not sure to proceed with this game, cause my confidence in quality of this game has dropped a lot now:)

You're right, it's propably not a big deal, and cole may be short anyway, but I had similar effects in other GUST games, so I'm maybe a little bit sensible to that. (Last one I played was Atelier Iris 1, and altough it was fun, it had a crashbug at the final boss)

Again, thanks a lot for helping me clearing that up. I thought it was just me or I missed some hidden skill. But if you have the same effect, I don't think that's the case.

Kind regards,
Skeeve
Biohazard Kitty
God of YaBB

Master of Resizing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »

Well, you're replying in the MK thread, which seems to mean you have the PS2 version and not the PSP, so far as I know you don't have other bugs to worry about; or, at the very least, any that would negatively impact game play. There IS a "bug" which you can use to get all of the character endings in one go, but that's more a matter of preference of convenience.

Also, you might want to play through MK just for when Mana Khemia 2 comes out, which I think isn't that far off now. Late August or something? Flay and Tony and some other characters supposedly make large comebacks, so you might appreciate the continuity.

Skeeve
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 05:12:34 AM »

Well, you're replying in the MK thread, which seems to mean you have the PS2 version and not the PSP, so far as I know you don't have other bugs to worry about;

Yes, PS2. Sorry, didn't mention that.

Also, you might want to play through MK just for when Mana Khemia 2 comes out, which I think isn't that far off now. Late August or something? Flay and Tony and some other characters supposedly make large comebacks, so you might appreciate the continuity.

For time reasons, I don't think I'll play both but considered your last post I might give it a try though.

Thank you for help + assistance!
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length