Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 01:53:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Strategy Guides
| |-+  Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention
| | |-+  Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention - The OSG is now available on Google Books
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention - The OSG is now available on Google Books  (Read 3806 times)
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »

Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention - The Official Strategy Guide is now available on Google Books.
Jucksalbe
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

So, either I'm too dumb to find out how to buy this book or I can't buy it from Germany.
zmech
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »

hmm if I buy it on my desktop, can I still read it offline on my Android tablet?
Kalanyr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:49:46 PM »

Yeah, the Google Books interface lets you save books for offline reading on your phone/tablet , they are linked to your google account not to the device, so if you buy it you can see it via the web interface on your computer or Google books on your phone or the ACSM format (except that there seems to be a problem with the ACSM files at the moment for this and D2DHD but pubba put in a support request for those).
zoetl
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »

Hi there,

I'm from germany and would like to buy the new D3 guide, but how and where!?
Google books and scribd downloads don't work in germany.

Is there another option to get my hands on the guide?
Will you reprint the real book?

thanks in advance

best regards
zoetl
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:00:37 AM by zoetl » Logged
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »

Germany is an option in the settings on our side. We have it all set up so it must just be on hold on Google's end. Probably means it will be available soon!
anotherdave
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

FYI it doesn't seem to be purchasable from New Zealand either.

A quick google suggests that maybe nothing is: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1062504

Seems google play ebooks are only available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. However I don't know for sure that Google Play ebooks is not a separate thing, I would guess it isn't given googles recent consolidation efforts.

If the google books thing isn't solvable is adding another provider feasible? Amazon and Kobo (I think) support international customers, but I naturally have no idea what is involved with dealing with them from the book producer end.

djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »

It looks like Google books will be available in the following countries pretty soon, because all the settings are there in the back end:

Japan
France
Spain
Germany
Italy

These countries are definitely working now:

Canada
Australia
United Kingdom

Other countries are probably further away.

I'm surprised New Zealand isn't there yet since Australia and NZ are usually handled by the same distributors.

Amazon Fire and Apple iBooks support is in progress. No ETA yet though.
anotherdave
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »

I'm surprised New Zealand isn't there yet since Australia and NZ are usually handled by the same distributors.

Typically yes, however they often don't seem to care enough to bother since we're a small market. For example I can think of at least a few occasions where something loaded onto the EU PSN has gone out to everyone except NZ, and it will often eventually arrive long after we've given up waiting and moved on.

Quote from: djpubba
Amazon Fire and Apple iBooks support is in progress. No ETA yet though.

Good to know but I'm pretty sure the Fire device is still US only, hopefully they have an equivalent of the PC kindle reader for it.
anotherdave
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »

Looks like Google Play Books is finally open for business in New Zealand.

Although I still don't seem to be able buy the D3 guide, (searching "disgaea" turns up zero results). Is this something you need to set from your end? Or is there a fundamental difference between "Google Play Books" and "Google Books"?
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 02:21:54 AM »

Yay!  You should post an additional quote that is superimposed over that image.  How about something like "NO MORE PAGES SLIDING OUT DUE TO THE POOR QUALITY OF THE BOOK'S SPINE!"

FIGHT ME IRL, PUBBS.  Lol jk Grin

In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.
-Croesus
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length