Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 10:33:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Onionbat
| | |-+  Plz respond guise?(Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love this dead board)
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: ᕦ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)ᕤ
 ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )   -0 (0%)
 ヽ( ⇀ Ꮂ ↼ )ノ   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Plz respond guise?(Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love this dead board)  (Read 372 times)
LeonSK

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2016, 05:41:20 PM »

Human Log 01 (because everyone else is a "guest" aka ROBOT who do not have any function beyond lurking):

Today I decided to come back to this message board.  Don't ask me why, I just felt like it.  

And it was not like I still had this board in my browser's history.  No.  No, the Onionbat cache pages/cookies I had were long gone after I reformatted my computer.

I came back because I was sitting at my desk one day, looking at old videos on youtube.  The amazing thing about the internet is that everything that was "the flavor of the month" is chronicled in various pages or sources around the internet.  On youtube, this is also the case.  

So anyway, on youtube, I was going through my "favorite" lists just to see all the things I "favorited" over the years. While going through pages and pages of old videos, a thought lit into my head.

"What was the first video I favorited?"

So I decided to find out the result.  Well this took me about half an hour because Youtube/google can't code worth *poop*, so I spent my time clicking the "previous" button to find the first page of videos that I favorited.  

Once I reached the end (or the beginning of my list of favorite videos), I saw a couple of videos that gave me a nostalgic memory.

One of those videos was titled "The flying car."

If you don't know what this is, it's an old skit by those guys that made the popular "Jay and silent bob" movies.  

However, this video took the audio of "the flying car" skit and copied it to an anime video.  The movements  of the anime characters mouth when speaking is perfectly synced with the audio of the "flying car" skit.  

So what does this have to do with Onionbat?  

Well, I found this "flying car" youtube video here on Onionbat, or when this board used to be called Doublejump books (before Pubbs decided to evade taxes by creating another business entity).

The date of the "flying car" video was posted 8 years ago, or 2008.  I think this perfectly concides with my time being on this board, because I recall one of the users here posting the link to the video during that year....during when this board used to be more popular.

So that's it.  

I shouldn't be surprised that this board died as fast as DoubleJump's business life.  But I still enjoyed coming here and posting with the various anti-social jerkoffs that posted here.  Seriously, some of you people on the OT board were just elitist pricks that turned away a lot of newcomers (remember J'aime, chickenpotpie, and fuyudu-whatever his name was?).  And on top of that, Pubba never laid down the hammer in public by banning these outcasts that turned his forum into an elitist haven of "FATLUS" fans.  

I digress.  That doesn't matter anymore.  What happened, happened.  Now I'm only human left, while everyone is dead.  No, just kidding.  I'm sure everyone went on to better things.

Also, I remember using a proxy IP and posting as alternate "Sugar" (I think that's what her name was) and pissing people off.  

Anyway.  That's it for now.

--End post--
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 05:44:45 PM by LeonSK » Logged

In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.
-Croesus
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »

Human Log 02:

Not much has happened on this board.  I have not made contact with another human yet. 

I am, however, deeply disturbed on the large number of guests. 

Are they watching me?
Are those "guests" following my behavior?  Do they intend to make contact with my or are they gaining pleasure from watching me be isolated. Very strange indeed.

I also considered buying Disgaea PC for Steam, but in the end I thought against it.  Just like I said before, I have played that damn game in every console/handled interation it came out on.  AND NISA has the balls to charge 20 bucks for a game that came out more than a decade ago.  Yeah *boom!* that. 

Well, that it's for now.  Perhaps one of the former "Doublejump" members will find this place...or perhaps I will continue living all alone on this board.  We shall see.

--end journal--

-Croesus
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »

Human Log 03:

Just dropping by again.

I am not surprised that nothing has happened.  Or in otherwords, no human has made contact with me.  However, if you want something done sometimes you need to be the one to light the torch.  But how do I go about doing that? 

So what if someone happens to lurk onto this foreign land?  It's not like they will stick around.  Onionbat..excuse me... DOUBLE JUMP books is a dead forum.  It's dead, jim.  There's really nothing here to discuss because the business entity of Double Jump books is dead, gone, finito. 

Even so, it would be encouraging to know that former members of this board have decided to step away from their ordinary lives to engage with the past. 

We shall see.

--end journal.

-Croesus
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »

Human Log 04:

Summer time started and I'm still here hoping to make contact with the outside world.  For the sake of lowering my insainty, I decided to go through my old posts.

Well my first post was on March of 2005.  That's almost a decade old!  By that time I was around the age of 13, not yet in high school but at least finished with elementary. 

I'd say Phantom Brave was released around that time considering I first posted in the Phantom Brave social board.  In that year, Ps2 was still hot *poop*, and Onion bat forums was still known as "Double Jump books."

I wouldn't say Phantom Brave was kind of a step down from the original Disgaea (okay maybe La Pucelle Tactics for the PS1, but Nisa really gained popularity through D1) but the quality of the series was becoming noticeable ugly.  It wouldn't be until Makai Kingdom where the quality of the sprites would be small pixel characters...in contrast to the defining facial features of Disgaea 1.

However, Phantom Brave still had its own appealing charm.  The musical score, especially during boss fights, were memorable and the phantom creation system onto level objects added a whole new dimension of strategy.  I especially liked the way a phantom spawn on a rock would yield powerful attacking stats on the phantom whereas a light object like a tree (a tree!) would allow a character to have more magic attributes. 

aaah 2005.  It's when things were simpler and more lively.  During that time, this board still had the off topic board unlocked and the community was still alive.  Yes, I even miss that emo Erdirck and his constant elitism.  Good times. 

-Croesus
LeonSK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

Human Log 05:

Holy *poop*.  This website is back online!  I was worried there, because for the past year and beyond this site was inaccessible.  At first, I thought the webmaster had finally removed this forum but lo and behold, we're back online. 

Still, it feels lonely knowing I'm the only one here.  Where did the others go? Maybe they are off enjoying life, having forgotten the times they used to spend on here discussing Disgaea. Or maybe. They are dead?

WIll this forum continue to stand here tomorrow? We shall see.

-Croesus
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length